Re: [gtk-list] Strange gcc behaviour

> just a quick one ...
> why does this work ?
>
> int a,b,c;
>
> a = 56 + 3,
> b = 29 * 2,
> c = a * 2;
>
> (those are really COMMAS up there , NOT SEMICOLONS)

   *looks* odd, and I would never do such a thing but any C book would
   mention the 'comma operator' (if I remember correctly), that's why
   this also works (not that it accomplishes anything useful...):

       int i,j;
       while ((i = strlen(something)), j < i) {
           blah blah
       }

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands