From: Marcus Brubaker [mailto:spoon@elpaso.net]
Sent: Thursday, 6 August 1998 23:15
To: 'gtk-list@redhat.com'
Subject: [gtk-list] Re: Upgrading GTK+ on RedHat 5.0 machine

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Ashton, Kristian wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone has overcome the problem of upgrading
> GTK+ on a RedHat 5.0 machine without affecting apps such as control
> panel.
>
> Each time I have tried to upgrade to a version of GTK+ higher than
1.0.0
> on a RedHat 5.0 installation there are then problems with control
panel
> (it just won't run).  I found out some info on this from the GIMP
> archives, but I haven't found a fix and I need to upgrade GTK+ now.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions...?

I don't know if you've tried, but there are RPMs available for GTK+.
Try
upgrading to those and/or removing you're old version of GTK+ before
upgrading.  Also, you can get updates for controlpanel from redhat.

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net

The 5th Dimension: spoon.home.ml.org
Personal Homepage: underdark.home.ml.org
yagIRC:            yagirc.home.ml.org