RE: [gtk-list] Multiple Document Interface

On 03-Aug-98 Armistead wrote:
> I was browsing through all of the available GTK+ documentation
> looking for any
> description of the ability to use GTK+ to write MDI applications,
> but I did not
> find anything.  Is this because GTK+ does not support MDI
> applications?  If so,
> is there inherent GTK+ nature that prohibits the possible creation
> of some
> widget that is capable of handling a MDI?  Is anyone working on
> this?  I'd
> appreciate any information regarging this subject because I'd
> really like to
> use a MDI type GUI in my appliation I am writing.  Thanks.

If you mean Windoze type MDI support, then 'No, never'. Windoze type
MDI is worthless rubbish - which is why even M$ don't use it anymore.
The GNOME libraries have some MDI support which is done differently,
and so may be much more usable (I haven't used it, so can't really
comment).

Thanks

tony

---
E-Mail: trog@gtk.org
File cabinet:
	A four drawer, manually activated trash compactor.

Go Bezerk! http://www.gtk.org/~trog