Re: [gtk-list] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Xlogmaster Version 1.4.1 released

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Didimo Emilio Grimaldo Tunon wrote:

> > Since a lot of small things for the new version have been discussed
> > here (like the memory leak in the GtkText widget in 1.0.4) I just
> > wanted to drop a note that the new version of my Xlogmaster program
> > has been released. Here is the official announcement:
>
>    Isn't comp.os.linux, comp.os.[UNIX DERIVATIVES] the most suitable
>    place for this? yes, it is a GTK program but I think that whoever
>    is interested (and I am sure many do as it is quite useful) they
>    will just check the homepage every now and then.
>
>    What I do with my own software is setup a private list, when I have
>    a new release I simply do a bulk mail to those that sent the
>    registration (which at this moment is about 500).
>
>    		Cheers,
> 			Emilio

I like these sent to a more general list because otherwise I'd
never see them. ;-)  Perhaps we could get redhat to set up
gtk-announce-list or gtk-news-list for this.  Until then, I'd say
it is generally on-topic for gtk-list since these programs are
examples of GTK+ code.

--
Shawn T. Amundson
amundson@gimp.org               http://www.gimp.org/~amundson

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking