Re: [gtk-list] Re: Glade - UI Builder

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Daniel Stephens wrote:

> > > maybe this is an unneeded personal opinion, but as easy as lisp is to
> > > parse by a program.. it's twice as repulsive to a human. how about
> > > something extremely simple, like BASIC. it would take little code for the
> > > Glade to parse, and assuming one widget per line, it would be fairly
> > > simple for anyone with a text editor to modify.
>
> Hmm, I'd agree that lisp doesn't exactly leap out at you in terms of intuitive
> meaning, but I wonder how many people have tried to go back and write BASIC
> code after working in C/C++ for a few years, it's practically repulsive even
> after years of BASIC hacking beforehand.

Totally agreed - I personally would vote for the SGML style that's already
been started on, with some of the suggested modifications to make it a
little more like HTML, other SGML languages, etc... It may be a little
harder to parse, but at least it won't require the guile libs (I was
under the impression most guile apps were sort of being replaced by c
equivalants) and there are probably more people familiar with HTML than
with lisp... BTW, great job with GLADE - looks *great* ! :)