Re: [gtk-list] Re: Glade - UI Builder

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Dale Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 18:56:05 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >I noticed a recent discussion about an interface-description
> >language/format.
> >Since I am about to write the code to output the interface (part of it is
> >done)
> >it would be handy to get a standard format sorted out.
>
> Wasn't it decided that a lisp (scheme) like format would be easy to parse and
> could be read directly by guile (which is part of gnome)?

maybe this is an unneeded personal opinion, but as easy as lisp is to
parse by a program.. it's twice as repulsive to a human. how about
something extremely simple, like BASIC. it would take little code for the
Glade to parse, and assuming one widget per line, it would be fairly
simple for anyone with a text editor to modify.
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |