Re: [gtk-list] Re: Glade - UI Builder

Damon Chaplin wrote:

> Yes. I want to output a language-independant format. The current output
> looks like this, but it's not complete and I'm open to suggestions:
>
> (What did you mean by the 'exported' widgets?)
>
> <Widget>GtkWindow
>   <GtkWidget::name>window1
>   <GtkWidget::x>-1
>   <GtkWidget::y>-1
>   <GtkWidget::width>-1

[snippage]

>       <GtkLabel::xalign>0.500000
>       <GtkLabel::yalign>0.500000
>       <GtkLabel::xpad>0
>       <GtkLabel::ypad>0
>     </Widget>
>   </Widget>
> </Widget>

I'd say there is nothing *wrong* with it, in and of itself. I would only
find fault in it in that its gratuitously not the same as anything else
-- looks kind of like sgml, but isn't. I too would advocate a lisp style
parenthesized prefix notation -- dead easy to parse, handles nesting
elegantly (as does your present format btw), and has emacs support for
nice indenting and delimiter matching.

Regards
M.Beach