Re: [gtk-list] Re: Glade - UI Builder

>  It's cool :) (But even if it is cool, I'll still comment a bit :) )
>
>  -) When writing the project files, you should not output directly C
>     source. You should opt for a intermediate language describing the
>     widgets. And from this, every language binding can either compile or
>     interpret it at runtime. (As far as I got it, all that is needed are
>     some ``exported'' widgets, while most widgets are only used internally
>     to build the GUI.)

I would prefer an approach similar to the one taken by the GtkTed
(table editor) widget in libgnomeui.  You declare the "interactive"
widgets in your program's code, and then you pass each of them to the
Ted with a unique identifier.

Then you call the gtk_ted_prepare() function.  This function will
either pop up the dialog if a layout for the widgets has already been
defined, or it will pop up a GUI editor if it has not been defined
yet.  When the programmer arranges the widgets in the GUI editor, it
saves the configuration for later runs.

>  -) How does one add slots to a VBox?

You add a new widget to it and then you can use the
gtk_box_reorder_child() function.

>  -) I presume the SigSegv is not intended when I try to open a colorsel in
>     properties window. (RH5.0, GTK 1.0.0, 24bit XF86, S3Virge 4MB)

Where does it crash?

  Federico