Re: glibconfig.h problem with v1.0.0

* Owen Taylor
| "Brian C. Lane" <nexus@tatoosh.com> writes:

| >   I just did a clean system install, and the latest release of gtk+
| > (v1.0.0) fails when compiling, complaining about glibconfig.h not being
| > found. I thought this was fixed in v 0.9.6?
| >
| >   I've symlinked it to /usr/local/include and it compiles fine now.
|
| Could you explain further? GTK+ installs glibconfig.h
| (in $exec_prefix/lib/glib/include/) but doesn't itself need it
| installed anywhere. (It finds it in the uninstalled sources)

I haven't had any problems compiling gtk+, but when I tried to compile
UAE-0.7.0.

The problem is that the glib.h include file in /usr/local/include has
this entry in it:

#include <glibconfig.h>

This include file is located in /usr/local/lib/glib/include. Thus the
configuration program for UAE didn't detect gtk because :

configure:2517: checking for gtk/gtk.h
configure:2527: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
In file included from /usr/local/include/gdk/gdktypes.h:25,
                 from /usr/local/include/gdk/gdk.h:23,
                 from /usr/local/include/gtk/gtk.h:23,
                 from configure:2523:
/usr/local/include/glib.h:22: glibconfig.h: No such file or directory

I simply symlinked glibconfig.h to /usr/local/include and then it
worked.

--
Preben Randhol                    | Linux was made by foreign terrorists
Tlf    73940929/(735)94076 [arb]  | to take money from true US