Re: [gtk-list] Re: menu

> >  > Uh?  How are you popping up the menu?
> >  >
> >  >   Quartic
> >
> >  static gint
> >  pop_mymenu (GtkWidget *widget, GdkEventButton *button, gpointer data)
> [snip]
> >  	gtk_menu_popup (GTK_MENU (mymenu), NULL, NULL,
> >  		  NULL, NULL, 3, event->time);
>
> That looks fine to me.  Could you provide some more details about the
> problem?

OK, here goes:
When i click with button 3 in the textarea the menu shows up and acts
as it should (just like in netscape when you click with button 3.)

But, heres the kicker, the netscape menu "knows" where the click
occured in its window and can modify the menu to fit the type of
data you clicked on.  i need to do the same thing.

i was using:
pos = GTK_TEXT(text)->cursor_mark.index;

to get the position in the text area where the mouse was clicked, but
now the "click" isn't sent to the textarea at all.

I need a way to send the click to the textarea so i can get this data
from the textarea, THEN popup the menu.

I hope this isn't to hard to do. :Q

matt wimer