gtk to other OSs

You know...there are plenty of Libs that only run on thier specific OS.
Lets be different here ;)
MS's business aproach is to make everything as uncompatable as possible,
so you HAVE to use thier OS.  And, since most everyone and thier dog
uses Windows of some sort, then everyone who wants to develope for those
people must use WinOS.  This is thier whole strategy.
Well, say I don't like Windows, but I still want to develope programs
those people can use...because..a lot people that are interested in what
I am, use Windows, or anything but Unix.
Am I to be stuck using Java?  A bad design of a good idea?   The GUI
face is horrible...the new JFC thing comming out makes my skin crawl
thinking of the thousands of incredibly slow applications about to be
released.  It doesn't even have decent pointers.
So, another, and seemingly good, idea would be to make some of these
toolkits we Unix users like run somewhat on WinOS (or others, but it
seems that this is the one most objected to..and don't get me wrong, I
see were your comming from) what would be even better is if it ran well.

Not only that....but if you really want to recruit.....Ill tell you what
brought me over to check it out (besides my urge to become the new
millenium's guru) was the incredible amount of development environments
available.  The only reason I can see myself ever learning Windows is to
port all my programs to that side...for those users.

I would rather not.....for many reasons...first most being I would have
to write with thier toolkits...in escence supporting them.  No f**kn way
man....
If I just had a way to decvelope here in Linux and be slightly more
assured a large amount of the public will make use of my software...then
why in god's name would I ever do anything else?
I think we should try harder to be as compatable as possible with MS
without breaking any good standards.  I think if more users were shown
that we want to be compatable (as oppesed to what MS seems to want) then
more will be willing to test it out.  Things like WINE are definately a
step in the right direction, but it is geared more tward the
user....what about the developer?

Who knows....maybe in the near future we will find most WinOS
programmers using our Gtk and MS will be trying desperately to catch up
;)
wouldn't that be a sight to see!!