Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK+ and non-Unix OS

On Thu, Apr 16, 1998 at 03:41:47PM -0700, fractture wrote:
> Currently that is only Unix and X systems right?
> Has anyone thought about porting one of these cool toolkits to other systems
> so that our software can be used by the rest of the non-saved world?
> I would like my apps to be useable, or at least compileable on other OS/GUI
> systems, and I think Gtk is a good candidate....it is a very nice lib-set.

Personally, I hope there is never a port to Windoze.  I know that sounds
bad but it's the way I feel.  I believe that gimp and gtk+ are two of the
free worlds more shining stars and powerful tools in the fight against the
evil dictator known as MS.  If you port these to Winblows you would be
giving up our strength and giving others no reason to revolt against the
tyranny under which they live and work.

Bill