Re: A problem with RC files and Gtk*Scale controls.

Brett Kosinski <brettk@compusmart.ab.ca> writes:

> Okay, can GTK RC files affect the colors of any of the range controls?  I
> want to be able to change the color of the slider and trough in the
> GtkHScale copntrol, but when I make a style for the GtkScale in the RC
> file, there is no effect.  I noticed this even with the testgtk program
> that comes with GTK.  Inside the RC file, the fg[NORMAL] color is set, but
> there doesn't appear to be any affect with the range controls in the test
> dialog, nor is there any change when the bg_pixmap[NORMAL] is set.  Can
> these settings be changed?  Or will I need to create a new range control
> to allow me the flexibility I need?  I need to be able to make these
> changes, as I'm adding themes to my mpg123 front-end, Gmp3, and a gray
> slider and trough looks kinda strange when the player itself has a wooden
> texture to it. :)

The testgtkrc works fine for me. Perhaps you are not running testgtk
from the correct directory? (It looks for testgtkrc in the current
directory)

To give a somewhat more elaborate example, which also works fine
for me:

style "scale"
{
  fg[NORMAL] = { 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 }
  bg[NORMAL] = { 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 }
  bg[ACTIVE] = { 0.0 ,0.0, 0.5 }
  bg[PRELIGHT] = { 0.75 ,0.75, 1.0 }
}

widget_class "*Gtk*Scale" style "scale"

Note that the color of the trough is determined by bg[ACTIVE].

Regards,
                                        Owen