A problem with RC files and Gtk*Scale controls.

Okay, can GTK RC files affect the colors of any of the range controls?  I
want to be able to change the color of the slider and trough in the
GtkHScale copntrol, but when I make a style for the GtkScale in the RC
file, there is no effect.  I noticed this even with the testgtk program
that comes with GTK.  Inside the RC file, the fg[NORMAL] color is set, but
there doesn't appear to be any affect with the range controls in the test
dialog, nor is there any change when the bg_pixmap[NORMAL] is set.  Can
these settings be changed?  Or will I need to create a new range control
to allow me the flexibility I need?  I need to be able to make these
changes, as I'm adding themes to my mpg123 front-end, Gmp3, and a gray
slider and trough looks kinda strange when the player itself has a wooden
texture to it. :)

Brett.