destroying a window

Hi, I've looked through all the documentation and can't seem to find
exactly what I'm looking for in regards to killing a dialog window.  If
I open up a main window, then open up a dialog over that, I want to
just kill the dialog box without closing the whole application down.  If,
lets say, I open up a window using:

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{ ....

  gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (window), "destroy", GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC
         (destroy), NULL);

}
void destroy (void)
{
  gtk_main_quit ();
}

All is fine, but when I try to open up another window, say:

   window = gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_DIALOG);

I'm not sure what signal to call to kill JUST the dialog window.  Right
now, I've tried:

    gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (window), "destroy", GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC
		(destroy), NULL);

    void destroy(GtkWidget *widget, gpointer *data)
    {
        gtk_quit();
    }

... What do I call instead of gtk_quit(); ??

Thanks.:)

---
Michael Oswell
On Call Internet Services Ltd.