Re: [gtk-list] Re: Q's: Animation & GTK Markup Language

On  9 Apr, Derek Simkowiak shouted:
->  > Apps should be worth *using*, not *seeing*. Unfortunately, M$ has
->  > forgotten that. Have a look at http://www.iarchitect.com/mshame.htm.
->  > I hope we don't make the same mistakes.
->
->  	To a certain extent, I disagree.  I like to work in a pleasant GUI
->  environment.  Besides the mere functionality of widgets, I like to have
->  text scroll smoothly, and to get visual feedback that increases the
->  intuitiveness of a program (i.e., when a window manager has the NeXt-like
->  iconization and restoration animations).
->
->  	The Amiga was incredible at that sort of thing.

yup. Why is it everyone compares to "what micorsoft windows does" or
"macos" does.. AmigaOs had a lot os advanced features, some better than
ones found int contemporary os's, years and years ago. Datatypes is one
that springs to mind... and an os that can have most or even all of
itslef completely patch and replaced withotu recompilation.. lots of
shared libraries and decent support for them, decent file requester
libs, decet gadet/widget libs (MUI springs to mind, then ClassAct and
Miami).. plus a really slick filemanager, and windowing system... :)

Anyway.. enough reminiscing. All I want is my wondefful aMigaOs
eenvironment back.. but runing on Linux. Noww... if I wasn't writing
E.. I'd be off writing AmigWM.. but htis time making it better...
mking it faithful to AmigaOs... adding the filemanager in etc... :)

->  Derek
->
->  P.S. I definately agree the that functionality comes first.  Being able to
->  turn off animations in "themes" sounds like the way to go.
->
->

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------