Re: [gtk-list] Re: Small bug in configure script?

//As I haven't developed anything yet, and the debug option increases my
//executables by as much as 250%, I don't have room for the "default"
//setting, even with a minimum debug setting.

If it's the extra diskspace required for -g output (whatever the proper name
for that is) rather than the extra sanity checks introduced by --enable-debug,
take a look at the 'strip' command (at least it's called that on most of the
widely differing unices I've been sitting behind; it may be something else on
your machine, as long as it's not, oh, Linux, Solaris, SunOS, IRIX or HP-UX),
which removes that information from the file in question. Works on libraries,
too, I think.

Regards,

Johannes.
--
"And now I'm glad I didn't know; The way it all would end, the way it all
would go; Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain;

Self-professed nerd of Mathematics and Computer Science.