How do you control resizing?

Hi all,

I am hacking an app with a horizontal pane above a statusbar.  When I resize
the window, the statusbar gets taller and the stuff in the horizontal pane
stays squished.  How do I make the statusbar stay thin and make the
horizontal pane extend taller?  Is there any documentation for size
management in general?  I have looked all over the reference and tutorial.

Thanx.

Tobin
----
Tobin J. Kyllingstad           / "An unbreakable toy is
tobin@technologist.com        / useful for breaking
http://www.ini.cmu.edu/~tobin/ other toys." - Van Roy