Re: Help with expose/configure events - please

Nathan Froyd <maestrox@geocities.com> writes:

> OK, I've looked at the tutorial and tried to follow it. I've even stared
> at my code for long hours and can't seem to find anything wrong with it.
> ;) So could somebody who's a little bit more familiar with GTK+ and X
> try compiling this and tell me what I need to change? Currently, the
> drawing areas will come up gray (I want them black) and the drawing
> areas are not redrawn when the window is exposed.

You've run into the #1 problem using drawing areas. It is not
sufficient to simply connect to "expose_event". You must also
do:

 gtk_widget_set_events (drawing_area, GDK_EXPOSURE_MASK);

(And add in any other events that you are interested in).

Take another look at the "Event Handling" subsection of the
Scribble part of the tutorial.

Regards,
                                        Owen