Re: [gtk-list] gimp 0.99.23 and gtk 0.99.9

John Davis wrote:

> I am having trouble with gimp 0.99.23 and gtk 0.99.9.  When I run the
> configure script it fails to find gtk >= 0.99.7.  The gtk-config script
> that it installs is definately in my path, and is the right one for gtk
> 0.99.9.  It finds the correct gtk-config but always fails the version
> check.  Any help?
>
> john

  Heya,

You have an old install lying around somewhere. You need to remove this old
install. If you have redhat 5, it installed the original version that came
with the distribution in /usr/lib, where as all the current releases of gtk
are put in /usr/local/lib. If you are using redhat 5 you need to rpm --erase
gtk, or something like that. If not, or that doesn't work try cd /usr/lib, and
rm -f *glib* *gtk* *gdk*. Re run ldconfig.

Warwick Mitchell