Problems with gtk+970925

Hi,

 I just wanted to install Gimp0.99.12 on my system and I thought it would be
a good idea to upgrade my gtk too, but I had some difficulties with
the latest version gtk+970925 (downloaded from ftp.gimp.org):

I did a ./configure; make; cd gtk; ./testgtk:

 - there was no "marble.xpm" included, so I copied it from the gtk
   bundled with gimp-0.99.pre11-3.5.tar, but gtk still could not
   find it, an strace showed me that gtk is looking for it in

	    "/home/pmattis/.pixmaps/marble.xpm"

   which is obviously Peter's home directory ;-) but I could not find
   out how to change this.

 - I could not run more than one test simultaneously.

 - I could not close any test window with the WM close button.

SO -- can anyone give me a hint

      How to compile the latest version of gtk ?

Oh yes, its a Linux 2.0.27, gcc is 2.7.2, libc is 5.3.12

thanks in advance

Thommy				(still happy Gimp user ;)

--
Thomas Bahls