Re: [gtk-list] Re: Pixmaps in gtk

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Andy Tai wrote:

> Again this is another showing of the unhealthy attitude that looks
> matter more than usability.  Gtk is fine as is, providing what's
> required for an professional looking interface.  Going beyond that is a

	Hopefully this message will actually get posted on the list, all
of my messages thus far have never appeared.

	Anyway, I agree that the interface should put more emphasis on
usability rather than good looks. Given that, is there any way to make the
font used for buttons and the size of buttons/scroll bars any bigger? I
know that forthe GIMP, developers were trying to save screen space inorder
to have more drawing room, but in any other applications, the widgets are
just too small for my eyes.

	However, it is kind of fun when friends come over (having never
heard of anything other than MS Win95), and look at my X11 system in
wonder. "Whoa, what MS PowerToy did you download to do that???"

---
zilym@ajusd.ml.org