pop-ups

I've got a project that requires pop-ups.  In my case, I'll be putting
menus inside them, but I don't see any reason that the pop-ups couldn't
be arbitrary containers into which I could pack menus...

However, I don't see anything in gtk to do pop-ups.  What I'm looking
for is a window that appears, preferably, with its upper-left corner
at the point where the mouse was clicked, and then I can go from there.

For my application, it would work, I think, for me to just make each
area in which I want to click be a "menu bar", but I think it would
look better if the popups came up at the mouse pointer rather than
below the container.

Has anyone thought about this?

michaelkjohnson