Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gzilla 0.1.4 released

Hi !

> >    I've just put Gzilla 0.1.4 on the www.gzilla.com website. While still
> > quite unfinished, this release is basically usable.
>
> I'll say.  This becomes my browser of choice over lynx.  Quite a nice
> piece of work, I like it!
>
> It however does not compile on Slackware 3.3 (our standard install, RedHat
> is still too different for our users).  The problem seems to be an old verion
> of libjpeg which does not have libjpeg.h.  Even after finding jinclude.h,
> it's clear my libjpeg is a different (incompatible) version :-(  So, I
> took jpeg support out (just 2 or 3 #ifdefs in 1 or 2 files and the Makefile)
> and it works just fine.

What do you guys think about making a special "plug-in" version of gzilla for
GIMP ? i.e. remove all refferences to the different file-format libraries,
and use gimp's "load-image" PDB-call to load images. This would be the
perfect Help-browser. Mabye with a PDB interface to select pages from a
plug-in...

			Jens Ch. Restemeier