Re: [gtk-list] multithreaded app

Andrew Veliath wrote:

> Does anyone use pthreads (LinuxThreads) and X11/Gtk with glibc 2 and
> thread-safe compiled X11?

I am using PMPthreads 1.8.3 with GTK. It is much easier to debug using this
library, because it is user-level and runs in a single process.  The library
also provides thread-safe stdio, stdlib, and network routines. No changing to
special _r versions of routines! PMPthreads is available at
http://www.humanfactor.com/pthreads.

> I'm hoping that I'll be able to do this for my app rewrite which has a
> pipeline threaded data pump, with RedHat Linux 5 (GUI from main thread
> only).

I also have an existing threaded application, and its working great. Now I am
working on having the threads send instructions to the main GUI thread to
update the panels as various events occur.