Re: [gtk-list] obgtk, gtk, gubi

On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:

> I just wanted to ask some questions about gtk:
> 1) How stable will be obgtk and gtk? Are the most radical changes done
>    already? (The point is, if it makes sense to port a small 20k-lines
>              Python/Tkinter app to ObjC/Gtk, or if I will run only into
>              troubles with each obgtk/gtk release?)

The basics are stable; I'm guessing there may be a few changes along the
way (i.e. the queue_resize change that we had a little while ago) but they
will involve only small changes to the code.

Why not just port the python app to the Python-Gtk bindings, it might be
easier...?

-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
"They don't let my code go into shipping products," Gates said. "They
 haven't done that for eight years." (at the 1997 PDC)