Re: [gtk-list] bug in find_line_params/line_params_iterate

On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Sascha Ziemann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there must be a bug somewhere in gtk-text-thaw.
>
> I use this code to insert text in a text field:
>
>   (gtk-text-freeze text2)
>   (gtk-widget-realize text2)
>
>   100x: (gtk-text-insert text2 #f #f #f
>                          (string-append word2 "\n")
>                          -1)
>
>   (gtk-text-thaw text2)
>
> When I insert normal 7 Bit ASCII text everything works fine, but when I
> insert ISO-Latin chars like äöü the program hangs in gtk-text-thaw. The
> load goes to the top and it looks like a endless loop. This is the last
> part of the backtrace:

It isn't thaw itself that's hanging, it's the recompute_geometry that's
happening as a result of the thaw.

I think the problem is really in find_char_width. Try this and see if it
helps:

-      return char_widths[ch];
+      return char_widths[ch & 0xff];

(line 2152 of gtktext.c)