Re: [gtk-list] Wish list?

I have a couple of things that I think would be useful...

One that I think would be quite handy is to have the border
widths and border styles as part of a style rather than
hard coded with each widget.

Border styles could include raised, sunken, flat, ridge, and groove.

Some other code improvements might be to reduce casting. The
extensive casting will lead to trouble when gtk gets wider use.

One possibility is to make specific casts e.g. instead of
GTK_CONTAINER (x) have

GTK_LIST_ITEM_TO_CONTAINER(x)

This could then be implemented (when using gcc) by an inline
function thereby preserving type safety.

Another small improvement might be to look at marshalling.
There's got to be a better way.

A combobox widget while we're at it.

Asking is easy, helping is hard.

Jamie