Re: [gtk-list] Re: Proposal for a new project

Federico Mena <federico@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:

> I think starting yet another desktop project is a complete waste of
> time.  There are just too many of them.

Yes, this is indeed true, but if it is the only way to get a completly
free desktop envirionment reasonably time, I think it is necessary.

> What I would do is port KDE over to Gtk as quickly as possible, plain
> and beautiful C only.  Then I would show that work to the KDE people.

If the KDE people could be persuaded to use Gtk and plain C, that would
be the best solutions.  But it is very unlikely, considering the latest
statements i c.o.l.d.a from one of the KDE developers.

--
Espen