Re: [gtk-list] widgets

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997 christian.sunesson@abc.se wrote:

> 	Wouldn't it be cool if all the widgets were in their own dynamic
> object files so gtk could load them with dl_open ?  That way it'd be
> possible to keep different sets of widgets for the same thing, they'd just
> look different.

It's possible now, you just dlopen() the file yourself, and call the
'gtk_classname_init()' function right after loading it.

I'm thinking it's not something people will be wanting to do tho

> 	Why doesn't gtk use resource files?

You mean those things that Windoze uses to hold all the information on a
dialog box/screen/menu? My guess is because nobody has added the option
yet (you just volunteered - we all salute you :-).

-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
What's nice about GUI is that you see what you manipulate.
What's bad about GUI is that you can only manipulate what you see.