Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gzilla widget set design proposal

Sascha Ziemann wrote:

> Raph Levien wrote:
> >    Thus, I propose a new Gzilla widget set to function alongside the
> > GTK widget set. Gzilla widgets will be extremely specialized - they
> > will lack all features not required for Web page display (I have in
> > mind grabs, focus, keyboard accelerators, key events, selections, and
> > connectable signals, leaving only size negotiation, exposure, and
> > mouse events).
>
> This will be a very bad decision if someone wants to create a
> Java-capable browser. The more I think about this new widgets, the more
> I come to the conclusion, that this is the wrong way! On Windows are no
> extra widgets for the Browser, either. And the masosado-browder scrolls
> quite fast. Why should this not be possible with GTK? It's really bad
> design, if one has to create always new widgets, if a bit more
> complicated problem occurs.

 I'd second this, as in W3C there are decissions for extendet Forms
which allow
keyboard accelerators too. So an HTML/XML widget will realy nead all
this stuff.
 On the other hand, i thought, that an scrolled widget is by now
realised by a rendering only a small amount outside the viewing area  in
advace and maps this
on scrolling. So what's wrong with this design using in GTK?

			Gruss
				Kay

Kay Winkler        Planckstrasse 1         D-64291 Darmstadt
(49)6159/71-2551   Fax:(49)6159/71-2785     K.Winkler@gsi.de