Re: [gtk-list] Re: Message Box?

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Otto Hammersmith wrote:

> As far as I can tell, gtk+ has no support for modal dialogs (yet).
> This shouldn't be too hard to add, but it would have to be somone more
> familiar with the workings of gdk than I.

The basic support for modality is there ... look for functions with
"grab" in their names. I think I've even tried using it. So the reason
that the GIMP doesn't use any modality may be more a matter of taste.

(Though applications probably _should_ make simple queries modal -
it's confusing and possibly dangerous to have confirmation dialogs
hanging around if the user misses them)

                                       Owen