Re: [gtk-list] Message Box?

On Mon, Jun 23, 1997 at 04:18:21PM +0100, Matthew Kirkwood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Simple question(s):
>
> 1. Is there a gtk_messagebox() function, analagous<sp?> to the Windog
>    MessageBox() call?
>
> 2. If not, why not? :-)  Seriously, although it's more of an application
>    framework thing, there can't be too much involved in:
>
> gtk_messagebox("Title", "Message", bool wrap_msg,

Absolutely trivial, up to here.  Make it your first gtk+ project... a
message box widget.

> int modality (0 - none,
> 				1 - caller, 2 - application));
>
> especially if you get rid of the application modal bit, which might
> require a bit of abstraction-barrier changing.
>
> Ideas?  Comments?  etc..? :-)

As far as I can tell, gtk+ has no support for modal dialogs (yet).
This shouldn't be too hard to add, but it would have to be somone more
familiar with the workings of gdk than I.

Is there anything in the works for this kind of support?  I know of at
least one person (read: Michael K. :) who -really- wants this feature.

--
					-Otto.