Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk and Drag and drop

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997 09:43:58 -0400 (EDT), Elliot Lee wrote:

	e> Hmm... I have some very prelim patches (i.e. you can turn
	e> on gdk_show_events and see it telling you it is starting a
	e> drag, and I think I had it sending the drop events at one
	e> point :-) but I didn't see any specific framework for D&D
	e> support in gdk/gtk.

There is an already existing drag and drop protocol, which is used by
the OffiX suite. I'm investigating if I can incorporate the same
protocol in gtk, while preserving interoperability with OffiX.

If I'm successful, I'll send the patches to the mailing list.

	e> If you know what that consideration for D&D was, please
	e> let me know.

Just wanted to imitate some of the Netscape address book's (yet to be
properly done) drag and drop functionality.

	-Arun