gtkstatuslabel widget

Hi,

   I just made a "status label" widget for gzilla, and, since I've
heard a couple of people here express interest in something similar,
I decided to post it.

   The source is available at:

      http://www.levien.com/gimp/gtkstatuslabel.tar.gz

   The README file follows. I hope someone finds it useful.

Raph

README file for gtkstatuslabel widget

The gtkstatuslabel widget is exactly like gtklabel, except for two
things:

1. The requested size is always 100 pixels wide.

2. If the text does not fit into the size allocated, then a chunk of
it in the middle is replaced with "..." so that it will just fit.

As such, this widget is ideally suited to displaying status
information.

I hope you find it useful.

Raph Levien
<raph@acm.org>