xtended label and tooltips

Hello.
I think gtk needs a multi-line label widget.
I have a sample implementation that uses an GSList *row member
in the GtkLabel structure. I plan to add justification support
this evening.
I need some advice since the label is a heavily used widget
and we do not want to add memory or speed overhead on it, right?
So is it better to create a widget derived from gtklabel
with all of the new features or add them to the base widget?
The speed overhead is very little (a couple ifs), but the
memory overhead is sizeof(GSList*)+sizeof(GSList)+2 bits
for the justification stuff modulo alignment issues for
one-line labels.

A related issue is about the tooltips stuff.
The introduction of the gtk manual says it is a flexible toolkit
and you can add label or pixmaps or both to buttons etc.
What about tooltips? We can add only text now.
You know: I want pixmaps in tooltips:-)
What about a new function:
gtk_tooltips_set_tip(GtkTooltip*, GtkWidget*, GtkWidget*)?
The old behavior can be acheived building first a multi-line
label and then adding it...

Comments?

lupus

PS Don't tell me my english is bad. I know that.
   Tell me what the errors are:)

--
------
--      Molaro Paolo  lupus@dei.unipd.it    lupus@maya.dei.unipd.it