Re: [gtk-list] Re: Making gtk thread-safe

Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> writes:

> Also, most multithreaded windowing apps dedicate a single thread to the
> user interface, which would also suggest this approach. I suspect that
> any type of fine-grained locking on gtk would be a huge loss?

Hard to say.  Finer grain locking than per-display may not be worth
while.  I'd say that the global mutex is the best place to start, and
then see how well it works.  Later things can be improved.  The key
here is to make sure that gtk is at least thread safe if not optimally
efficient.

--
Rob