Re: [gtk-list] Documenting GTK

Words Of Jay Painter:

>I have been thinking about writing a set of CGI scripts which would allow
>us to document GTK calls on the web.  The general idea is that there would
>be a web page that you could search for a gtk function on, then edit and
>submit the documentation for the call right there.  The changes/additions
>would appear immeadiately on the web site.
>
>My hope is that this would take less coordination than the tekinfo
>documents, and would make it more reasonable for people to contribute
>small amounts of documentation.
>
>Comments?

Excellent idea.

You should restrict access by username/password and perhaps
work in RCS to control the revisions.

Perhaps there is interest in having the FAQ maintained the
same way?

--
Shawn T. Amundson		University of Minnesota
Systems Administration	 	Computer Science System Staff

Count your friends, it won't take long; including yourself, you'll
find you only have one; you better have fun. -- Cathrine