Re: [gtk-list] Re: Killing Widgets Questions

On Sat, 20 Dec 1997, INTERLOG ACCOUNT wrote:

> > 1.  How to kill the window so that all widgets are
> > freed up.
>
> I use the destroy widget method. specifically, gtk_exit().
> It works okey when called from a widget such as a menu item,
> but core dumps when I call it via the "destroy" method.

this shouldn't happen, and i have never seen this so far,
could you provide a simple test case please?

> > 2.  Also how to access widgets embedded in another
> > widget.  Right now I am using a structure for each
> > window type that contains pointers to all the widgets.
> > Is access to the widgets builtin to gtk so that I
> > don't need to do this?
>
> I would like to know this too?

take a look at gtk_container_children() it builds up a
linked list of child pointers for you, and if you one of
these children is GTK_IS_CONTAINER(child) == TRUE, you can
use gtk_container_children(child) on this child as well.

---
ciaoTJ