Re: [gtk-list] I want a GNOME-free GIMP!

"Juergen A. Erhard" <jae@laden.ilk.de> writes:

> I think it would be a BIG mistake to make the GIMP depend on an
> installed gnome lib (even if it's just the lib).

Gnome is turning into an application framework more than anything,
so I don't see how it would impact anybody.

One of the stated goals of Gnome is that it is not a window
manager, and it won't be necessary to switch from your current
one.

If anything, the Gimp will be more lightweight and modular if it
becomes a Gnome app (when Gnome becomes more of a reality).

I think your fears are unfounded (unless Gnome turns out differently
than I think it will).

Cheers,

 - Jim

PGP signature