Re: [gtk-list] Re: Killing Widgets Questions

Owen Taylor wrote:

> "Thomas S. Urban" <urban@animal.blarg.net> writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am working with Gtk on an app, and am wondering what
> > the best way to kill widgets is.  I've seen setting
> > the top level widget to null, and also using some
> > destroy_widget function.  What I am doing is creating
> > a window with a bunch of widgets with a function, and
> > then later, I want to kill it after some event.  My
> > concerns
> >
> > 1.  How to kill the window so that all widgets are
> > freed up.
>
>   gtk_widget_destroy (window);
>
> Hope this helps,
Just so this is clear in my mind, does this mean each and every widget below
(0r on?) the window is destroyed too?

For example, I might have a list, with a listitem that has a hbox with a
pixmap and two labels.  If I say:
  gtk_widget_destroy(mylistitem);

Does it kill the hbox, pixmap and two labels?  Alternatively, if I destroy the
list, does it destroy the lisitems and what is in these items?

   = Craig