Tooltips and GtkPreview

I posted this a couple of weeks ago. It either didn't get
through or it was ignored [:-(].  So I'm gonna ask again...

While hacking away, I found something strange: add a tooltip to
GtkPreview. Doesn't show up, right? At least it didn't here on my
machine. Until 'unclutter' switched off the mouse cursor, that is. A
second later (the defined wait period for tooltips) the tooltip pops
up!!!!

Anybody know why that is? And how to get the tooltip to show up *with*
a mouse cursor?  Ah, lest I forget: it's gtk+970925.  Will check
9710xx soon, and if it's gone... ignore this.

Bye, J

--
Juergen A. Erhard (that ue is actually \"u (TeX) or ü (HTML/SGML))
eMail: jae@laden.ilk.de                             |