Re: [gtk-list] Re: errors building 0.99.0 on Solaris 2.5.1

Harald Meland <Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no> writes:

> [Owen Taylor]
>
> | Question: do you get a message like:
> |
> |   Checking for <wchar.h> or <wcstr.h> ... no
>
> Nope, it says
>
>   checking for <wchar.h> or <wcstr.h>... yes

Hmmm, but 'configure' is defining -DX_LOCALE anyways ... weird.
So, I guess then the check for whether locale works must be
failing. It should be just:

----
  #include <stdio.h>
  #include <locale.h>

  int
  main ()
  {
    return setlocale (LC_ALL, "") == NULL;
  }
----

And configure makes sure the LANG, etc environment variables, aren't
set to anything other than C. You could try compiling this program
separately and testing its output status with (bourne sh):

if LANG=C locale_test ; then echo "My locales are OK" ; fi

> |  when you run configure, or did you run configure with the
> |  --with-locale=LANG option set to something that your O S doesn't
> |  support. (like no_NO ????)
>
> I ran configure just the way I said in my previous mail -- that is,
> one time with no arguments at all, and one time with "--x-includes"
> and "--x-libraries".

Sorry about that. I missed it.

If you figure out what is going wrong, let me know. Thanks,

                                        Owen