Interpreter use of class signals

As I said, I've been adding the ability to generate new Gtk widgets to my
Perl binding, and class signals (i.e., the other end of signal_connect)
are throwing me for a spin.

Put simply: is there any good mechanism for causing a class signal to
invoke an interpreter marshal function, but still accept C function
pointers?

This seems to be a severe problem, as Gtk widgets make free use of the
pointers that are in the class signal list, but a Perl widget would need
to have any Perl specific functions redirected through a single function,
into Perl.

FWIW, it looks like the addition of a 'gpointer data' item _somewhere_
would be a big help, but I'm really not sure where.