Re: [gtk-list] gtk 971201 wchar.h iswalnum

> In order for me to get gtk to compile - slackware 3.0 - I did the
> following:
>
> commented out wchar.h in
> 	gdktypes.h
> 	gdki18n.h
>
> which revealed the next problem, which requires adding the following line
> at top of gtkentry.h
> 	#define iswalnum isalnum

Although it isn't official, people seem to be having good luck
with:

 ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gtk/snapshot/gtk+-cvs-971208.tar.gz

Which addresses this problem. (But your workaround should be OK,
so you can probably wait for the next official release)

Thanks for the report,
                                        Owen

(To avoid duplication, of effort, it might be useful if people who are
new to the list would scan the last few weeks of list archives
available at the X-Url: header. Of course, this comment will not
be seen by people who will be new to this list tomorrow...)