Re: [gtk-list] Re: Re: Entry fields problem fixed. *blush*

Patrice Fortier <Patrice.Fortier@aquarel.fr> writes:

[ I don't think the GTK list is the right place to discuss Debian
  policy, I probably shouldn't have sent my reply to Che to the list
  in the first place, sorry.  Please send any replies to this post via
  private email or on a more appropriate list ]

> > -fomit-frame-pointer far from being suggested is in fact implicitly
> > discouraged.  (Policy 3.3.1)
>
> This is not really a good , especially since egcs is available and
> use this optimisation very often (cf threads on egcs optimisation on
> c.s.o.l.dev.apps).

The idea behind the policy is to make the application as built from
sources debuggable (thus the -g), and, last time I checked,
-fomit-frame-pointer did a good job of making programs very hard to
debug.

If you still want to discuss it debian-policy@lists.debian.org[1]
would be a better place.

[1] anyone can subscribe by sending mail to
debian-policy-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with subscribe in the Subject
line.

--
James