Re: [gtk-list] Entry fields problem fixed. *blush*

> Well, it seems somewhere between libgtk 971109 and libgtk1-971201, the
> ability to make CLAGS=-g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -fomit-frame-pointer
> (the suggested flags for Debian and libc6) broke.
>
> That was the root of the problems I was having with entry fields and
> Gtk.

In the interests of scientific inquiry, I did:

  make clean
  CFLAGS="-g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -fomit-frame-pointer" configure
  make

Moved my old libraries out of the way, and testgtk worked perfectly.

>From our previous discussions, I can't see how our systems differ
in any significant manner. (glibc-2.0.5c, gcc 2.7.2.3)

I'd still like to get to the root of this ...

If the problem lies with the -fomit-frame-pointer, than my guess
is it is a GTK problem with the signal marshalling somewhere.
If it is a problem with the -D_REENTRANT, than the problem probably
lies between X and glibc. If the problem is with -O2, than it is
GCC's fault...

Regards,
                                        Owen