Re: [gtk-list] probably a silly question

Preben Randhol <randhol@pvv.ntnu.no> writes:

> I'm trying to make a small program in C with gtk. I want to have a
> toolbar with different buttons on it, load, save, print, etc. What I
> was wondering was, is it possible to fix the size of the buttons and
> the box so that the buttons don't get large/small and odd looking when
> I resize the window? I can't seem to find out how to do this.

Another way to keep things looking nice when resizing is to use
a HButtonBox instead of an HBox. This widget (By Stefan Wille,
included with GTK) keeps it's children nicely spaced out instead
of expanding them into odd shapes. The dialog widget should probably
be modified to use this widget...

Hope this helps,
                                        Owen