Re: [gtk-list] Re: Coding style issue

Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

> OK (give em an inch...), then what about const?  I've wanted to use it
> where appropropriate too.  It makes things safer, and it too can be a
> help to the compiler wrt to optimizations.

Well, at some point an effort was made to make the headers
const-correct for strings. That may have lapsed recently, but for
laziness, not because of a distaste for const. (As far as I know) So, as
long as it doesn't break anything (I don't think adding const to
function prototypes can break anything external, and other changes
shouldn't be visible to the outside world) using const should be fine.

Regards,
                                        Owen