Re: [gtk-list] gtktext anyone?

Arun Sharma <asharma@netscape.com> writes:

> Looks like no one is working on the gtktext widget. One of the main
> reasons why Gtk gets beaten up on the Usenet seems to be due to the
> absence of a good text widget.
>
> I'm hoping to be able to spend some time working on it. If you have
> a wish list please send it to me.

As well as the obvious "get insertion working", I'd like to
see selection handling and internationalized input via XIM.

The entry widget does these reasonably well right now - and could
serve as an example (I still need to add cut/copy/paste via
the clipboard). I'd also be happy to provide assistance with
getting this stuff working.

Regards,
                                        Owen